After Your Spray Tan
1. Immediately after: Make sure to wear dark loose fitting clothing (like this dress or this) and Flip flops so you don't rub off the tan! Do not wear boots or tennis shoes for at least 12 hours!
2. Developing your tan: Wait at least 12-24 hours before taking a shower as this gives your tan the most possible time to develop. Sleep in a t-shirt or long sleeve shirt so you don't cause sweat marks under your arms.
3. Showering: For your first shower use a warm water rinse and no soap if possible, if using soap make sure to use a mild alcohol free soap and absolutely NO dove and NO bar soap! I LOVE Dr Bronner's Castile Soap!
4. Swimming: Do not go swimming until after your first shower and when you do wear a waterproof sunscreen as this will best protect your tan.
5. Exercise: You should wait at least 12 hours to exercise as sweat can cause drip marks!
6. Lotion: Make sure to MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE as this will keep your tan looking natural and healthy a lot longer! Oils are great (like Farmhouse Fresh Clementine or Agave), or creams without alcohol (like cocoa butter lotion or Burt's Bees Body Lotion).
7. Extend your tan: Use Norvell color extender moisturizing lotion at night to help your tan last even longer!
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some color wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the bronzer that I use when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.